“The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.” (1 Corinthians 12:12)
At Monterey Church, we believe that it is very important to make an outward commitment to the Body of Christ, whether you are here for a period of months or for many years. With this Membership Covenant form, we invite you to declare your relationship with your church. We don’t ask this to be legalistic, but to be intentional about our commitment to Christ and one another.
This invitation is open to you as you feel led by God to make Monterey Church your church.
6 Commitments as a Member of Monterey Church:
1. Consistent and committed attendance to Sunday gatherings. (Hebrews 10:25)
2. Consistent and committed membership in a dGroup. (Acts 2:46)
3. Consistent and committed quiet time reading the Bible along with the church and talking to God. (Luke 5:16)
4. Consistent and committed financial offerings. (Malachi 3:8-10)
5. Consistently commit to investing in lives outside the church and inviting them in. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
6. Consistent and committed participation on a Serve Team. (Mark 10:45)